Disaster Management in India

Published By: government of India | Published Date: May, 28 , 2004

India has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disasters on account of its unique geo-climatic conditions. About 60% of the landmass is prone to earthquakes of various intensities; over 40 million hectares is prone to floods; about 8% of the total area is prone to cyclones and 68% of the area is susceptible to drought.

Author(s): Government of India Ministry of Home Affairs | Posted on: Oct 17, 2013 | Views(953) | Download (204)


Member comments

Submit

No Comments yet! Be first one to initiate it!

This paper may be re-posted, distributed or reproduced for academic and non-commercial purposes only provided the author/s and eSS are duly acknowledged.
Creative Commons License